- Model NameModelThroat CapacityMax Laminating SpeedMax Pouch ThicknessMax Laminating ThicknessHeated Roller SystemMemory SettingsSpeed ControlOperating TemperatureDimensionsWeightPower ConsumptionWarranty
- Akiles Pro-Lam Plus 1606.3″ (160 mm)23″ / min10 mils (250 Mic.)3/64″ (1 mm)2 Hot / 2 ColdN/AN/A176 - 320 F14.5″ x 8.5″ x 4.5″14 lbs (16 Kg)N/A1 Year
- Akiles Pro-Lam Plus 33013″ (330 mm)23″ / min10 mils (250 Mic.)3/64″ (1 mm)2 Hot / 2 ColdN/AN/A176 - 320 F21″ x 8.5″ x 4.5″20 lbs (26 Kg)N/A1 Year
- Akiles iLam Plus12.8″ (325mm)21″ / min10 mils (250 Mic.)3/64″ (1 mm)4 Silicone (2 Hot / 2 Cold)N/AN/A293°F (Max)19″ x 18.5″ x 4.5″15 lbs (7 Kg)550 watts1 Year
- Akiles Pro-Lam Photo13″ (330mm)59″ / min10 mils (250 Mic.)1 mm6 Silicon Rollers (4 Heat / 2 Cold)Electronic (8-bit Micro Processor)9 Settings32 – 320°FN/A39 lbs1150W1 Year
- Akiles Pro-Lam Ultra13″ (330mm)53″ / min14 mil1/8″ (3 mm)6 Silicon Rollers (4 Heat / 2 Cold)7 Presets9 Settings140°C (Max)1.2 CuFt (Volume)33 lbs1150 W1 Year
- Akiles Prolam Ultra X613″ (330 mm)59″ / min14 mil (350 mic)1/8″ (3 mm)4 Hot / 2 Cold2 Programmable (Temperature & Speed)9 Settings32°F – 284°F21″ x 10.5″ x 5″35 lbs (16 Kg)1050 W1 Year
- Akiles Prolam Ultra XL18.9″ (480 mm)47″ / min14 mil (350 mic)1/8″ (3 mm)4 Hot / 2 Cold2 Programmable (Temperature & Speed)9 Settings32°F – 284°F27.25″ x 10.5″ x 5″44 lbs (20 Kg)1200 W1 Year
- Akiles Prolam Ultra X1013″ (330 mm)142″ / min14 mil (350 mic)1/8″ (3 mm)6 Hot / 4 Cold2 Programmable (Temperature & Speed)9 Settings32°F – 320°F14″ x 25.75″ x 5.75″57 lbs (26 Kg)1560 W1 Year
Pro-Lam Plus 330 Akiles Pouch Laminator
- Metal Cover (Dual Color). For a longer lasting lifespan & a more professional, heavy duty look.
- Silicon Rollers. Provide the flexibility of laminating with or without a carrier.
- Metal Gears. To guarantee strength and durability.
- Ready Light / Power Light / Power Switch
- Forward / Reverse Switch. Allows easy corrective action for jams. i.e. when document is improperly fed or temperature was set too high.
- Heat / Cold Switch. Offers cold lamination function.
- Electronic Circuit (PCB) & Gradual Temperature Control. For a fast, consistent and easy fine-tuning of temperature. Ideal when operator requires frequent changing of pouch thickness, pouch composition or when laminating different materials.
- 13" Throat. Extra-wide entrance for easy pouch feeding.
- Dual Heat System (heated rollers & heat plate combination). For a more efficient lamination at lower temperatures. Allows for a perfect lamination of all standard pouch thicknesses (from 3 mils up to 10 mils).
- Photo Ready. Heated-rollers allow a balanced heat distribution during laminating process, thus guaranteeing a crystal clear, bubble-free laminating result even when you laminate photos & ink-jet printouts.
- Warranty. 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Model: Prolam Plus 330
- Throat: Capacity 13"
- Motor: Heavy-Duty
- Laminating Heat Range: 176 - 320 F
- Maximum Pouch Thickness: 10mil
- Temperature Control: Electronic (PCB)
- Laminating Speed: 540mm / min
- Cover: Metal
- Weight: 21 lbs
- Warranty: 1 year
Welcome to MyBinding video. Today we’re looking at the ProLam Plus 330, a pouch laminator by Akiles. This is a step by step demonstration of how to laminate with the ProLam Plus.
Plug it in and turn the unit on with the power switch. Select the temperature that you need for your pouch size and you can use the helpful chart on the top of the machine to make your selection. The green ready light means you’re ready to go. Place your materials into laminating pouches, be sure the margins are even, and the crease always goes in first into the throat of the machine. At a top speed of 20 inches per minute, you won’t have to wait too long for your projects to be done. When they are finished, remove them and lay them flat on a surface to cool. The ProLam Plus has a reverse feature. Simply flip down the switch and the rollers will go backwards. You can re-center or remove your project if needed. Be sure to take advantage of the 13 inch wide throat opening. You can do large posters or even projects side by side to save time. Simply place it in and the ProLam will take over from there. And always leave your finished projects laying flat on a surface to cool. You can make adjustments to the temperature at any point, just wait for the green light to go. The cold lamination feature allows you to work with photos and other color sensitive materials. It really is that easy with the ProLam Plus 330 by Akiles. And for more demos and reviews of this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
All the controls that you could need in a laminator are right here on the front. There's of course the power switch as well as the forward and reverse switch, for removing jams. And there's the heater as well as cold lamination settings right there on these switches. We love the temperature dial and the green ready ... Read More
Welcome to MyBinding video. This is a product review of the ProLam Plus 330 by Akiles. Laminating on the professional level has never been easier than with the ProLam Plus 330. This product by Akiles has so much to offer. And for a price point of under $300, this is a great buy.
All the controls that you could need in a laminator are right here on the front. There's of course the power switch as well as the forward and reverse switch, for removing jams. And there's the heater as well as cold lamination settings right there on these switches. We love the temperature dial and the green ready light as well as the great chart on the top of the machine helping you to determine which temperature is best for your pouch thickness.
In terms of laminating speed, this machine is quite fast, up to 20 inches per minute. Obviously, the thicker the pouch, the longer it will take. Another great feature is this machine can handle up to 10mil in thickness.
Though jams are rare, the reverse feature is very helpful in case that happens. Simply flip the switch, the rollers go in reverse, and you can remove or re-center your document. And the extra large 13 inch wide throat opening is very helpful for posters or doing multiple documents in one pouch.
The all metal construction of this machine is fantastic. It's very durable and the interior is also tough as it contains silicone rollers that allow you to laminate with or without carriers. However, a carrier is always wiser if you want to keep your machine clean. We like how you can change the temperature at any time that you need. And simply flip the switch for cold lamination of self-adhesive pouches or use with materials such as photos or color sensitive documents.
The ProLam Plus 330 is a great machine. It's a little ugly to look at and the price point is under $300. But it's well worth every dime. And for more demos and reviews of this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
Akiles ProLam Plus 330 Professional Pouch Laminator Review
If you're looking for a top-notch laminator for your office or copy room, it would be hard to do better than the Akiles Pro-Lam Plus 330. Akiles is known for creating extremely high-quality office machines and the Pro-Lam Plus 330 is just one example. Continue reading to discover the features of this fantastic machine and find out why you should purchase one for your laminating needs!
The Akiles ProLam Plus 330 is a professional-grade laminator and with its dual-color metal exterior, it certainly looks the part. The interior is also tough and it contains silicon rollers that enable you to laminate without or without carriers. (Note: you should always use a carrier when laminating. Without a carrier, hot glue can seep out of the laminating pouch and mar your document - and possibly damage your machine.) The ProLam Plus 330 has a patented dual-heat system consisting of both heated rollers and plates, allowing for flawless lamination at any temperature, even when laminating photographs. The temperature is easy to control and can be adjusted gradually, and the ProLam Plus 330 offers cold lamination so you don't need to a separate machine to laminate heat-sensitive items. Akiles has also equipped this laminator with a forward/reverse switch, so it's easy to clear jams should they happen. Needless to say, the ProLam Plus 330 is easy to use and even laminating newbies should be able to use the machine without any difficulty.
You may be wondering what size items you can laminate with the ProLam Plus 330. Well, there's good news. One of the ProLam Plus 330's best features is its very wide 13-inch throat. This large opening is great because it means you can easily laminate larger documents, including signs, menus, and so on. (Naturally, you can also laminate smaller documents, as well.) And you can be sure your documents will be strong because the ProLam Plus 330 can accommodate various sizes of pouches, including the very thick 10 mil pouch. Finally, this laminator is speedy and it can laminate at speeds up to 20 inches long in one minute. That's pretty fast, yes? That will sure be helpful when you're under a tight deadline!
As for drawbacks, the ProLam Plus 330 only has a couple. The price might be a bit prohibitive, with the machine retailing for anywhere between $300.00 and $400.00. (Although, when you compare the cost of laminating your own documents to sending them to a copy shop, you'll see that the machine pays for itself.) The ProLam isn't the most stylish machine available either. It's rather boxy and industrial-looking, so if the look of your laminator is a concern, you may want to buy a different machine.
Overall, the ProLam Plus 330's drawbacks shouldn't be too alarming, considering this machine is designed for frequent use. This laminator emphasizes function over form, and it functions beautifully. If your business needs a rugged, efficient laminator that can handle both big and small jobs, the ProLam Plus 330 is just the product to get!